Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Perfect Pair, Cabinet makeover.























Sometimes things  just come together, even when there isn't a plan.  That's what happened with these two pieces.

















A few years ago my hubby was given this great cabinet from someone remodeling a cottage.  They really asked him to take it to land fill, but he knows better.
I used it for toy storage in the playroom for quite a while, but for a long time it was just collecting dust.  It's really solid so I knew it was going to get a new life eventually.



















It was pretty beat up but would make a fabulous liquor  cabinet  change table   games storage  well you get the idea.  
See the  beautiful grey plush lining on the inside walls , and cubbies at the bottom would be a great place for baskets.  I finally decided to just go ahead and paint it.  


















I  cleaned it up with some water and vinegar, and gave it two coats of my home made chalky paint, a nice grey/blue that I think goes well with the fabric lining.  Then we used it for a  liquor cabinet for a bit, but it never really felt right to me.























  
Then in steps this book case I got at a yard sale. Another item lost in my stash, covered in dust. It had both its shelves intact, and a really great shape. I cleaned it up,  patched a few missing bits with wood filler and painted it the same blue chalky paint as the cabinet.  I think these  pieces knew they belonged together. 






















In a bedroom, office or even a kitchen for extra storage  the uses for a set like this are endless. I think they look perfect together. 



















No comments: