Monday, December 29, 2014

A New Years Wreath.




New Years Wreath
























I've always left a Christmas wreath up until it'S been there way too long and then replaced it with a simple welcome wreath.  But this year I decided I would make one just for the new year. 




















 I bought some big containers of ornaments on boxing day at 50% off.  Please ignore the mess in the background. This room is going to be re-invented as a craft / work room for me and Christmas kind of put a stop to the work.
 
 
 
Using a can of spray paint  I coloured a few ornaments black. 
It needed a third colour and I chose the bright turquoise.  Silver, black and turquoise. Love it.
 
 
 


















Once the ornaments were completely dry I constructed the wreath using the same method as my red ornament wreath from a few weeks ago.  I left a little space at the ends of the hanger so when I joined it together I had room to add a little jewellery.  In this case some beads in silver and black.  After all no one gets dressed for New Years Eve without a bit of jewellery. 


















 

 






























TIP:  Really check your ornaments to make sure the little caps are attached. If they come off too easily, fasten them with some hot glue.  You don't want to be putting them back on after you make the wreath.  Bet you wonder how I know that.


WISHING EVERYONE A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR 

No comments: