Friday, January 2, 2015

Apothecary Jar DIY

I love the apothecary jars you see in the stores but they are way out of my price range.  Being lucky like I am, the DIY's are all over the internet.  Is there anything you can't find directions for if you look.  I found some done for any  décor, and I also found them in different colours for Halloween, Easter, and Christmas.  I guess you could make them to colour match for wedding or birthday décor as well.

DIY Apothecary Jars












































I had a couple of these candlesticks that I never really used, and of course I save jars of almost every size.  And the spray paint is from my stash.  So I gave a couple of coats of spray paint to the candlesticks, the jar lids and a couple of little door knobs I had in a drawer. 

























When everything was good and dry,  I put a ring of my adhesive around the top rim of the candlesticks. Then looking down through the jar I centered them on top and pushed down tightly to create a good bond. 





















I put the lids onto another jar and using an awl I punched a hole in the center of each jar for the screw to attach the knobs.  And presto.  I have two apothecary jars and I didn't spend a dime.  I had everything I needed on hand.  Good thing I don't throw anything away.






















I love the pretty Champagne Mist colour of these and I think they look great as storage in my bathroom.

I have a gallon pickle jar. I wonder if I could find a base big enough to make a cool cookie jar.



Here's a tiny sample of what else is out there.... but... once you take a peek I guarantee you'll go looking for more.












The crystal knobs on top of these ones from Twelve O Eight  are fabulous, and I love the blue.

















And these black jars done up so pretty for Halloween from Uncommon Design are great.  Check out her blog to see what she did with them for Christmas.























And the pokadot bows on these Christmas jars from
"The real thing with the Coake family" are just too cute for words.




















No comments: