Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Rolling Pins display



















I love rolling pins.  I didn't start out trying to collect them on purpose, but rather found myself in possession of a nice half dozen.  One belonged to my mom and one to my grandmother.  One belonged to the mother of a dear friend and one is mine.  I picked the other two up at a thrift store just because they seemed abandoned to me.  Rolling pins are infused with the memories of endless family dinners, fabulous desserts,  successes and failures. Birthdays and holidays, weddings and wakes. It breaks my heart to see them tossed away.
























So where do you keep a half dozen rolling pins?  I've seen them displayed in wine racks, and in vintage sap buckets.  I've also seen them filling a large wooden crate.  However;  six rolling pins is not really a collection....yet.  I do think  they deserve a place of honour, so I hope they enjoy the special spot I created for them.

























This project doesn't need a drawn out tutorial. I just painted a board, distressed it a bit and added some appropriate text by hand. The little hooks are perfect for this use.

 

















Some of the rolling pins had a little hole at one end so I drilled one in the others as well.  A little loop tied with a piece of jute twine and it all just goes together.  Easy peasy, and I love how they look on my kitchen wall. 
























It might not be a huge collection but it just might be the beginning of a collecting habit.

No comments: