Friday, February 6, 2015

A Pantry Storage Idea


I've see this little can storage box made from a pop can case in a few different places.  I can't remember where I saw it first so I'll just show you the one I made. 




















I had a few paper options for covering this.  Craft paper, or wrapping paper would have added some nice colour, but I chose to use this scrap bit of wallpaper because it was nice and stiff and because it had a vinyl washable surface. 




















First make a few cuts in you box.  The piece that comes out naturally for pop can removal is fine for the front removal of your cans but you will want an opening in the back at the top as well, for restocking the cans. This way you are always using the oldest cans first and don't have to worry about items becoming outdated.




















Lay your box on the paper you are using for the cover and carefully fold the sides up and over the top of the box until they meet, like you are wrapping a gift.  I used some spray adhesive on the box to glue it on.



















With your scissors make some cuts in the paper so you can wrap over the cut edges in the box and glue the pieces over . Clothespins make a great extra hand to hold the pieces down until dry.



















This is really easy and makes keeping the smaller cans in your pantry organized.  I use mine for soups, beans, smaller cans of fruit and any items that are small enough to fit. No more stacks of small cans tumbling over and making a mess.
























I just marked my contents with a marker, but I think some chalk board labels would be great on the front of these boxes and make it a lot easier to change contents.

Tip: using the washable wallpaper was a really great idea and a lot of times you can pick up out of stock rolls at the store for very cheap. One roll would cover a lot of these boxes, and wallpaper also makes great shelf liner.


I'd love to hear from you.
Please leave a comment and tell me
what you think of todays post.

No comments: