Sunday, December 28, 2014

Packing Away Christmas

I love my house decorated for Christmas but there is a great deal of work getting it out and packing it all away.  That's what I am going to be doing for the next couple of days.  With that in mind I  am on the search for some packing ideas that are a little more organized and secure for my packing options this year.


I really like this idea from Mom's Party Café where she glued plastic drink cups to cardboard and stored them in storage bins. It's a great place to keep all those little ornaments. 





















Because I hate untangling lights I was considering just leaving them on the tree, but I'm not sure that I wouldn't end up with a huge ball of "stuff" by next December. I think wrapping them around a hanger like this is a better idea. Then I could add a tag to each hanger about where the lights go.
















There are a ton of storage boxes and bags for storing wreaths but I find most of them a bit on the pricey side.  And I'm addicted to wreaths so imagine how much I would have to spend.  I found this little idea on  Good Housekeeping, and because I plan on utilising a closet space for Christmas storage I think this one is perfect. I picture a whole row of wreaths neatly bagged and hanging side by side, right next to all the hangers with the lights on them.























I am going to add all my wrapping supplies to my new  wrapping station, when I get it done.
All I need are a few storage containers for all my angels and snowmen and other knick knacks.  One more for linens where I can keep them protected using these cedar balls from Amazon and I might just have this storage thing under control.





















No comments: