Sunday, December 14, 2014

Alphabet Blocks for the Christmas Tree

I have a huge bag of wooden blocks left over from running a home daycare for a gazillion years.  I can't remember where I first saw this or even when but I think you can  spray paint almost anything and use it on your tree. This year I have a tomato cage wrapped with lights for a tree, and I have been putting on decorations over the past few days.

























Yesterday I started with this little pile of wooden blocks, and some spray paint.

























Then I added some of these tiny little screw eyes.  I pre drilled though because I was worried the blocks might split.



















I sparyed everything with the Krylon spray paint "Original Chrome".  I could have sanded some of the sides smooth to get more of a reflection but I was hoping I could get a kind of hammered metal look. 
I added some little pipe  cleaner  hooks to hang them and here they are.




























































What do you think, does it look a little like a hammered metal finish.?   Some of those little dings are tooth marks. How could I get rid of those?



















And there is just enough reflective quality to this paint that is glows instead of looking like a mirror.
So I'm off the make a few more, because more is always batter.

No comments: