Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Christmas Tree or Two

DIY Christmas tree from clothes hangars
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love this little tree. I made it two years ago and it's just perfect to add a little green to my kitchen. 
 
 
 
 
Coffee Station ready for Christmas morning.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


This year I have it on my coffee station.  The little twinkling lights greet me in the morning when I go for that first important cup. 

This little fella is made out of coat hangars and dollar store garland.  To make it you need six hangars, some tape, a string of lights some decorations and I used 3 lengths of dollar store garland.  When you tie the six hangars together  you get the three shape and then you wrap that with lights and then garland.  You can find a really good tutorial here.  http://onelittleproject.com/diy-wire-hanger-christmas-tree-tutorial/





Little tree and little star























I chose to leave off the extra decorations because I liked the way the white tipped garland looked without them.   The star is from the dollar store too, and made a great tree top.  I hot glued mine together and it has lasted for 2 years in storage. I just put the whole thing into a big box to keep it nice  and clean.    The littlest led lights you can buy are perfect for this project.

 


 

I decided to use this holly garland at the bottom. I love how it looks like the tree is nested in it.
 
 
There are so many different tree ideas out there , so this year I decided to try a tomato cage tree.  It doesn't take a lot of skill to put this one together. Just invert a tomato cage and tie the prongs, (the ones that you would normally stick in the ground), together with some wire.  Wrap a bunch of lights around it and voila. You have a tree ready to decorate. Easy peasy right?  At this point you could just put it outside in an urn by your entry.  I decided to keep mine inside as a place to display  my DIY ornaments this year.
 
tomato cage tree
I'm having fun adding decorations to it but here's a picture of it so far to date.   The snowflake on top is made from clothes pins. I've added the alphabet block ornaments  and the  salt dough ornaments  that I made this year. 

How many trees do you have.  I think if I could I'd have one in every room.

I love the view from this window.
























I love the cow bell hanging in this window.  It was a gift many years past, from the mom of a few of my daycare kids. And I say a few because I had the pleasure of caring for all three of her boys, who are quite big now.  She hand painted it with a different snowman on all three sides.  It is one of my treasured Christmas items and  I get fond memories each year when I unwrap it again for the season.







No comments: