Saturday, December 20, 2014

Ornament Wreath DIY

How many wreaths do you put up throughout the year?  Do you use them just for the holidays or for all the seasons?  I try to have a wreath on my front door all year long.  I actually think doors look naked without them,  kind of like they forgot to get dressed before they went to work.


Ornament Wreath DIY



















That's just my front door.  During the holiday season I like them anywhere I can fit one.  I never seem to have enough. 

With that thought in mind I had this big box of red and gold plastic ornaments that had been on our traditional Christmas tree for about seven or eight years and I've grown tired of the red and gold theme.



 

















I've seen a lot of wreaths made with plastic ornaments  using a hanger for the form and wanted to see how hard they are to make.  All you do is untwist the hanger ends, bend it into a circle, and thread the ornaments onto the hanger until it's full. You do need to twist the ornaments around the hanger though, don't cut it at the end to make it easier. You need the ends to twist back together to form your circle and create a hook for hanging.





















It actually took me longer to cut all the little strings from the ornaments than it did to put  the ornaments on the hanger.  Total time for this project about 30 minutes.  Definitely one of the easier ones I've done.




















And definitely worth it. This wreath is full and glamorous. It looks great from both sides so its perfect for hanging in a window or door where it will be viewed from both sides.






































Fast , simple and beautiful. 

No comments: