Friday, June 26, 2015

Rustic sign for the Cottage

This is a little welcome sign for the front door of a cottage that I made. I used my usual transfer method for the lettering but it was really easy to do this one.


















All I did was to put a barely there whitewash effect on the board with a watered down primer to cover the board.  I was dry in about 15 minutes the coating was so thin.



















Instead of painting the lettering I used a jumbo size sharpie marker to fill in the lettering.  These are great markers for this because they have a wide point at one end and a wedge at the other.  



















Then I gave it a little dry brush technique over the whole board to age it just a tiny bit and protected it with a coat of natural wax.  The jute twine hanger gives it a rustic touch. 

No comments: