Thursday, June 4, 2015

DIY Aqua Duck

Hi all... If you've wondered where I've been the last few day, I've been working on projects.  At the moment I don't seem to be very organized because I'm actually working on a few and don't have anything done yet. Funny how that works. 

Today I'd like to share something I've been using for a few years now when the kidlets are at the house.  I'ts a DIY aqua duck for help with hand washing. 
























All you need is an empty plastic bottle and a pair of scissors. Make sure the opening at the top of the jar will fit around your bathroom faucet.  You want a nice tight fit.
























Next peel off the label if you can.  This isn't necessary but makes it look a bit nicer.



















Then using a grease pencil draw the shape of a spout on your bottle and cut it out with your scissors.



















The next part is the trickiest bit.  I had to slice through the rim of the bottle with a serrated knife, but be very careful.  You want the opening here to be big enough that you can snap the bottle on and off your faucet spout but not so loose that it falls off when bumped.   I removed small slices until I had just enough.



















Now you just snap it over your spout when it's hand washing time, and the kidlets can easily reach the water.  The best part of this is not having to lift kids up to the sink.  And they remind you to let them wash their hands so they are creating a good hand washing habit.



















As you can see from the date on these pictures, I have had my aqua duck in use for two years now. Was it worth the ten minutes it took me to make it.  Heck ya.  Over all this is a huge success.  Way less mess in the bathroom and it helps the little ones develop  a bit more independence  . Of course you can buy a real aqua duck here , but they are anywhere from 10 to 20 dollars, and mine cost me .... nothing.





No comments: