Friday, February 20, 2015

Favorite Stenciled Furniture

I love stenciled furniture.  I've been thinking about doing a couple of small dressers as night tables and I've been looking for some inspiration.   Here are a few ideas I have been mulling over. I'm sure any of these pieces could be downsized and customized to create some unique bedside stands. What's your favorite? 

























This dresser stenciled with locations is fabulous.  I think I would choose some of the favorite places I've been or are still on my wish list.  You can see the details here : http://www.thediyvillage.com/2012/01/streets-and-city-word-art-dresser.html























This Paris skyline done by "Shab to Fab" has stuck in my memory ever since I first saw it over a year ago. I believe she hand painted this piece, I wish I was that talented.  I love the contrast of the white on black, it is so intense.  Such a beautiful piece.   See it here: https://www.facebook.com/ShabTaFab/photos/pb.418440068230533.-2207520000.1423670704./490270657714140/?type=3&theater


























My husband is a musician who is also a huge Beatles fan.  This dresser would make great storage in his music room for all the paraphernalia that goes with playing in a band.  Find the story behind this dresser here: http://www.justalittlecreativity.com/2012/07/from-drab-to-fab-beatles-dresser.html
























I love this cabinet painted with Marilyn Monroe quotes. Unfortunately I couldn't find a link that worked for this one. If anyone knows where it originated I would like to give credit where it is due.


There are a million ideas out there when you start looking.  What I need are some new night tables, so I am thinking a couple of little dressers like this Rast dresser from Ikea  Painted black with John Lennon song lyrics on his side and Marilyn quote on mine. 


I'd love to hear from you.
Leave a comment on  todays post.

No comments: