Friday, February 13, 2015

Pretty Bathroom Storage

In December I made a few Apothecary Jars for storage in my bathroom. You can read that post here.  While I loved the idea I wasn't happy with the metallic champagne colour I choose.  The fixtures in my bathroom are chrome so I wanted a display to match.  I bought a can of chrome spray paint and brought together a few items I thought would make a good display.



















I had this vintage dressing room tray that was a yard sale find many years ago.  I never really used it, it just landed in my stash of future projects.  It had a metal frame, a mirror that slid out  similar to  a picture frame and there were tiny little feet on it to protect your dresser top.  As much as I loved it I was never sure what to use it for.  Of course I always have jars in my stash and I had a couple of candlesticks as well.

















I put the tray frame in my spray booth a cardboard box and gave it a good chrome paint job.  I painted the jar lids and the candlesticks as well. 
























I used an epoxy to glue the candlesticks to two of the jars, I left the other two without stands.  I want some little glass knobs for the tops of the jars, so I left them for now hoping I will find just what I want later.
























I assembled the tray, the jars, and my little perfume bottles on the bathroom counter below a shelf that was already there.

I like this little display much better than the original jars. All the little odds and ends for hair and nails are gathered in one place and my necklaces are hanging and easy to find,  instead of all tangled in a drawer. 

I'd love to hear from you.
Please leave a comment and tell me
what you think of todays post.

No comments: