Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Create Book Storage... that's both functional and a piece of art.


This is an idea that I came up with, while trying to create a cozy place to read to my kidlets, when I was still doing my home daycare .




































All I did was use one side of a crib.  I used some two inch square blocks and screwed the crib rail directly to the wall. By placing the blocks between the rail and the wall as spacers this left just enough room to hang the books over the rungs so the covers showed, like a giant book collage.  You could even use some thread spools as spacers if you had them.  All done. Easy peasy. 


The addition of a big arm chair creates a perfect cuddle up and read spot.





































Our favorite Dr Seuss quote and "Oh... The Places You'll Go"


 
 


























The kidlets could choose their favorite books with just a glance.





















This is such an easy upcycle project and would look great in any child's room.  It takes up no room if you are looking to reserve floor space for other activities.   A few pillows on the floor would be a great addition if there isn't room for a big chair.  Plus, I didn't even paint mine as hardly any of the rail shows when it's loaded up with books. Of course it would only take a short time to give your crib rail a coordinating colour.  
 I love the cover art on children's books and this is a really great way to store your favorite stories close at hand and add some art to your child's room at the same time.


I didn't even paint mine because not a lot of the rack shows, but you could do a room co-ordinating colour if you choose


I'd love to hear from you.
Please leave a comment and tell me
what you think of todays post.

No comments: