Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Shabby Shutter Shelf

Does anyone have any of their grandmother's china tea cups.  I used to have  tons, a couple of small boxes of them and I have faithfully moved them about six times.  The problem was they never actually got unpacked. I've sold all but these four, and decided when the last lot went that I would keep just these ones because they were all different and very pretty.

 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I needed somewhere to display them and remembered seeing  something for sale a long while back using a shutter for a display shelf.   I headed to my junk room stash and found these two pieces.  I didn't need the board but I did need the brackets.  Like most of us I can't afford to buy anything this soon after Christmas. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I removed the brackets I chipped a little of the paint off but didn't care because I was going for a shabby look with this anyway.
 
I gave the shutter a paint job using some DIY chalky paint using just a light coat and added the brackets.  I sanded a little on some of the edges, but not a lot because the slats looked aged already.
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This project was so easy , and it cost me absolutely nothing, nada, my favorite price. 
 




















 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I love this little bit of farmhouse shabby in my kitchen.  Such a beautiful tribute to my Grandmother


I'd love to hear from you.
Please leave a comment and tell me
what you think of todays post.
 

No comments: