Saturday, January 3, 2015

Every Child is an Artist

I absolute love the saying "Every child is an artist".  But to be an artist a child has to be able to create when they want to.  I threw together this little caddy about two years ago and it is holding up really well so I thought I'd share it here today.
Six pack crayon storage.



















 Crayons , coloured pencils and drawing tools are sometimes hard to keep organized and this little caddy does the job perfectly


The little muffin crayons are made by melting crayon bits in a mini cupcake pan (using liners) and then just remove the liner when the crayon cools and hardens.

All you need to make this handy caddy is a six pack carton from the beer store, and six empty soup cans. The cans fit the six pack holder perfectly.



















I used  DIY chalky paint and painted the carton . It took two coats to get good coverage.  This makes the carton a chalkboard too.

The  white paint is from my stash of the little 2 oz bottles of acrylic paint.  I simply used a brush and hand lettered. You really won't need a stencil for this, it's so easy.




















My granddaughters love being able to just grab this whenever they want to colour or draw, and it's to easy to store away when they go home.

So if your looking for craft room storage for kids art supplies this caddy will hold almost anything you want to put in it .  It could also hold paint brushes,  coloured chalks,  or markers.  Just imagine what you could add if you used a twelve pack.  I bet it could  be a complete portable craft station.

And if your wondering how this holds up, I used it in a home daycare for almost 2 years and now I have it for my grandkids.  A few of  these pictures were taken about two years apart and if the first ones weren't so blurry you wouldn't be able to tell which was which. So yes.. It is very sturdy and holds up to a lot of use.


I'd love to hear from you.
Please leave a comment and tell me
what you think of todays post.

No comments: