Tuesday, November 18, 2014

The perfect pair of Chairs.

Aren't these chairs pretty. elegant.
This is the first time I've done over a pair of matching chairs and I must say I am really happy how they turned out.
 
 

And this is what they looked like when I got them.  You can see why I'm so pleased with the end result. 
 
 
 
 
I removed the seats and gave both chairs 2 coats of my own chalky paint. This colour was a mixing mistake at the hardware store.  What I call oops paint.  I always check whenever I'm in any paint department to see if they have any of these mistakes.  Often I can find colours I like for very cheap. This is definitely one of those colours. It's almost the colour of graphite. When the paint was completely dry I finished them off with a coat of dark furniture wax.
 
 
 
The seats were recovered in this great fabric. I love the pattern.  I actually recovered one seat twice.  The first time I did them I didn't match the pattern on both chairs and didn't like that they weren't the same. 
 
 
 
 
So I redid the second one to match and am really glad I did.
 
 
 
 
 
I like that these chairs will look just as nice in a bedroom or living room and can be used as extra seating in the dining room for those big family meals.
 Where would you put these if they were in your home?
 
 
I'd love to hear from you.
Please leave a comment and tell me
what you think of todays post.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments: