Friday, May 15, 2015

Painted Mason Jars

My first mason jar project was my mason jar soap dispensers found here and at the end of that post I decided I would work my way through the ton of projects that I have saved on pinterest.

The other day it was rainy and cold and I was looking for a small indoor project.
I got out a couple of mason jars, some leftover chalky paint and a few little bits of ribbon. I think I'm the very last person to finally try painting mason jars but I have to tell you I am really surprised at how pretty these really are.  It's also a really great way to use up bits of leftover chalky paint as well because it takes such a tiny bit to cover the jar.




















 I decided to put on a dark coat first then a light coat because I wanted the raised parts to stand out a bit when I sanded them. 




















While I had the paint out I dug into my stash and found this silver tray from the thrift store so it got a coat of paint too. Some sanding of the edge of the tray and the raised lettering on the jars. Add some ribbon around the top and I'm really pleased.  Aren't they pretty.




















I had a bit of the light colour paint left so I used it on these two little dogs.  Also found in my stash they were  bookends but I never used them so I took the bottom pieces off.

 

















They add just the right touch for little displays around the house.


















To brighten up a shelf in my china cabinet until I get around to painting it.




















And on this vintage tray.  You can see the tray makeover here , it was actually my very first post.


















So if you find yourself with a little time on a rainy day start painting a mason jar.  You never know what it will lead to.

No comments: