Sunday, April 12, 2015

Mason Jar Soap Dispensers.
























I love mason jars.  I've been wanting to try some of the  ideas for repurposing them that I have saved to Pinterest, and I finally got around to making a soap dispenser.
























I simply followed   these easy direction from "Love grows Wild". Her tutorial made it so simple and I didn't need any special tools.  Just some pumps that I cut off the top of some empty soap containters and a small nail and hammer. 
























I made two hand soap dispensers, one for my bathroom ....



















and one for the kitchen. Than I switched them  because I made a third for my dish soap and I wanted the two pumps   in the kitchen to match.
























This was with the hand soap in the kitchen. Nice, but I wanted another one for my dish soap. 


























That's better.  The stand is a plate and a candle holder that I picked up at the thrift store. I simply glued the two together.   This is so much prettier than your dish soap container on the counter.  The little cheese shaker contains baking soda for scrubbing hard to clean messes and keeping my sink clean.  It works just as well as comet without the nasty chemicals.

I can't believe how easy these were to make. I'm so happy I finally decided to try this. 

Now I just need to work my way through all the other mason jar projects out there. 


UPDATE:  I decided that I wanted a little more of a matched set, so I added a small mason jar with holes punched in the lid for my baking soda and gave all the lids and pumps a coat of black paint.  I'm so glad I did.


























It makes so much sense with the black and glass pedestal.  I'm loving the way it looks on my counter.

No comments: