Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Vintage Mod Podge?

I thought I'd share a few of my earliest mod podge projects today.   I did these when mod podge only came in one type. No sparkles, no matt finishes, just plain old mod podge.  I think you will agree with me that this stuff really stands up to the test of time . 




















I had an old suitcase that was really banged up and  I almost tossed it... this was back in the day when I wasn't repurposing everything.  Of course I don't have before pics of it because I had never  heard of a digital camera, a blog ... or a computer either for that matter.  I'm talking early 1970's.   I was into gardening and décor magazines back then so I started by cutting out a ton of pictures and trimming them out so no background showed in the pictures.  Then using my mod podge I completely recovered the suitcase with a collage of my favorites.















































































































I think you'll agree that after more that 40 years this looks fabulously shabby.  It's one of my favorite items.

Then around the mid 80's my wonderful husband had this guitar case that was battered and scratched and had seen better days.  I thought it needed a facelift so together we spent hours going through his music magazines and searched for  just the right pictures to showcase his love of rock music and his favorite musicians.  Here's what  I decided to do with the case.  Instead of a full coverage collage I just kept gluing until I was happy with the final result.  I have to tell you this guitar case has endured almost 30 years of hard use and is still standing up well. 










































































I love that this guitar case has become one of my hubby's favorite treasures and that both these items have endured the test of time. 

No comments: