Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Mason Jars in the Bathroom?




I'm  working my way through the mason jar projects I have on my  Pinterest board called "mason jar love" found here.  While this is one of my fun goals right now, I still have to keep need in mind.  And what I need right now is a way to keep our bathroom counter paraphernalia a little more organized.  We don't have any drawers in our vanity and little baskets stored beneath the sink get lost.  I always find the one I want at the very back.





















I found what looks like the foot board of a bunk bed on the  curb a few weeks ago and  I rescued it.  I didn't know then what it was for so  I mulled it over for a while and it finally came to me. It was just a little longer than the width of my bathroom mirror.  At first I thought of turning it into a shelf some how but I actually have lots of counter space,  its storage I need.  And by the way.... lots of counter space is not always a good thing. Some times its just more surface to collect stuff that doesn't get put away. grrrr.



















This is where the mason jars come in.  I had this idea pinned here on my Pinterest  board so I went right out to the hardware store and bought four hose clamps .... cost $7.97  I measured my foot board and made pilot holes to evenly space my jars.



















I primed the board with my DIY chalky paint and gave it a top coat of this really pretty paint called "Lovely in Linen" by Beauti-Tone.  It reminds me of the colour of lambs ear in the garden, that soft silvery gray/green.


























When it was nice and dry I  screwed on the hose clamps then added my mason jars and tightened  them in.

 
Using nice long screws I attached the whole thing  to the wall above the sink.  I added a hook at each end for a place to hang a face cloth and hand towel for each of us and now I love how tidy all our mess is.
 
 
The hose clamps cost me $7.97,  I found the board, and everything else I had on hand.  It took about an hour and half of my time, including waiting for the paint to dry, and all the clutter around my sink is now nice and tidy.  I call this a complete success. Yay
 
 

No comments: