Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Vintage Window makeover










































I've had a few of these old windows hanging around for a while and finally decided I needed to do something with them.  

They were very dirty and had hardly any paint left on them.



















I gave them a really good scrubbing with warm soapy water to get all the grunge off and then I gave them a rinse with some bleach added to the water to make sure there was no mold.




















The putty holding the glass in was dried out and broken up.  I removed the broken bits and the glass was still nice and tight in the frame so it didn't take much to cover the edge.  I just used a bit of wood filler.




















 I primed the window using some of my left over DIY chalky paint in black.  Once it was dry I painted it in this pretty grayish blue. 




















I finished them up with a coat of dark paste wax and added some pretty white hooks



















I had such a hard time taking pictures because it was such a rainy dark day.
 



















This would look so pretty in an entry.  Maybe displaying some family photos behind the glass.
The nice big hooks would be great for coats and hats,  and little side hooks for keys or purses.

It would be wonderful in a bathroom for towels and robes too. 



















   I  really like how this one turned out.


What do you think.  Entry or bathroom?  Or maybe you have another idea.  I'd love to hear it if you do.
















No comments: