Thursday, April 9, 2015

Scented wax or essential oils?

If you have a scented wax warmer but don't like buying the expensive wax refills, here's an alternative that is safe and inexpensive.



















I have this pretty little warmer. It was a gift and it came with a package of the little wax pieces to make the house smell fabulous.  But the refills aren't that cheap.  I could just get some from the dollar store I suppose but I don't like burning a lot of that type of wax in the house because I don't know what kind of a toxins they release when they burn.

I came up with an easy safe alternative to store bought scented wax.
I put about 2 tbsps. of grated beeswax and a few drops of essential oil in the warmer.   It's that easy, and it works great.  My favorite is lavender , but of course your options are endless.  Just use your favorite essential oil or oil mix  and your home will smell fantastic, and the air will be safe to breathe.


 That's what I call a win, win.



































No comments: