Saturday, July 4, 2015

One piece... Three Projects. -part three - Paint Caddy

A while back I traded up for a vintage style wash stand. If you read that post you will remember that it was really wobbly and missing a few pieces to fix it entirely.
The bottom part of the wash stand was done over and used (once again) as a wash stand. See that post here.

The second part of that project was the Tween Vanity I created by using the mirror from the wash stand on a early 1900's oak desk.  See that post here.

From the beginning I said  I could get at least three projects from the wash stand.  Well I still have a bunch of little spindles left over from the mirror.  This is what I did with one little piece.

























I attached four soup cans to the bottom of the spindle with little  screws, and spray painted it. I threw some pencils and things in it to see how well balanced I had it..  but it was a bit wobbly so I wrapped the cans in jute twine to keep everything together and stable.  Of course I wrapped the handle too, just because I wanted too.

























Now I have this cute little caddy that holds all my painting tools.  Lovin' how I can grab them and go  to where ever my current project is happening.

























This little caddy could be used for picnic cutlery, for makeup brushes, or for art supplies. What would you use it for?


And there are still spindles left.  I'm sure I will think of another use for them.

No comments: